Thursday 1 November 2012

Chocolate and dreams


I think one of the best ways to start the day is with a homemade chocolate brownie and a cup of tea. So that’s what I did today.

Today is special because it’s the start of a whole new era of being, for me. I’m constantly making new plans and yesterday I started putting my newest into place. I feel so good that I absolutely had to celebrate with chocolate delights and a cup of tea for breakfast (I’m English, tea is a staple in my celebrations!)

Actually, when I say plans I really mean dreams; dreams of an even brighter future than the one I already reside in: dreams of travel writing and living in a beautiful beach house in Queensland, with my adorable husband and two wonderful dogs. In the backyard is my yoga shed where I hold yoga and meditation classes throughout the week. Hubs is a keen guitarist so on Friday nights we hold an open kirtan invitation to sing and chant in meditation. I love this life!

Having these dreams has made me realise that it’s not just the dreams themselves that make us happy, but it’s being able to see, hear and feel our new reality that enables us to believe our dreams will soon become real. I can smell the ocean from the deck of my imagined home, and can feel the community spirit in the people who attend my yoga classes. It’s a far cry from the life that exists for me now. That’s not to say my life is so far removed from this new dream that it’s unrealistic, not so. But residing in an apartment in Bellevue Hill as a single woman working, as a reflexologist, healer and book editor, it’s a lot of fun creating an extension of my happiness that involves a wonderful partner, an amazing home and some new career paths.

So, today I want to share the idea of dreaming and creating a future reality. I really want to share my belief that life is worth celebrating and that whatever dreams we have today, are bound to become tomorrow’s reality if we just think about them often and feel their joy and brightness. So as you tuck into your breakfast of choice (choc brownie optional), I hope you’re being grateful for the life you’ve already created, and smiling knowingly as you dream of an even brighter and more amazing future than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment